Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Zaragoza Rotary Meeting

Hello Everyone,

On Tuesday, September 13, I wento to my first Rotary meeting here in Zaragoza. This was very exciting because it was the first time I met the members of the Zaragoza Rotary Club and two other exchange students in Zaragoza. The meeting was at the "Gran Hotel" in the middle of Zaragoza and apparently it is the nicest hotel in the city. My host mother Marta and my host sister Ana  took me to the meeting. When we arrived, we met all of the Rotary members, the other exchange students, Maggie and Joe, their host families, and then talked for a while. When the meeting actually began, Maggie, Joe, and I each gave a presentation about ourselves. This including our families, friends, where we live, our hobbies, our trips, etc. We then exchanged from our sponsoring clubs and districts back home. After that, dinner was served. The dinner was a three course meal. First we had a dish of rice and fish, then a different kind of fish and vegetables, and finally we had dessert which consisted of a variety of different fruit. I'm not sure what kind of fish we ate but overall, the entire meal was great. Throughout dinner, everyone was talking, telling stories, and asking questions to get to know myself and the other exchange students better. I also got to me my mentor in the Rotary club. His name is Alberto and he was very kind and friendly. He suggested that maybe one day I would have dinner with him and his family and also perhaps go to a futbol (soccer) match together. I'm really excited! That would be great! It was a nice night and I had a great time!

Marta and I

Me in front of the hotel

Giving my presentation


Exchanging banners with the Zaragoza Rotary President

Maggie, Joe, and I with our mentors and club president

Maggie, Joe, and I in front of the hotel

Until next time, Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment