Saturday, September 10, 2011

Family Barbeque

Hello Everyone,

Today my host family and I had a barbeque at our house. There was myself, Marta, Jose Miguel, Ana, Jose Miguel's sister Ana (Tia Ana), her husband Lorenzo (Tio Lorenzo), and their daughters Laura and Maria. We had a TON of food! There was also music, swimming, and a formula 1 car race (which apparently is really popular here). Tia Ana gave me a birthday present which was very kind and thoughtful of her especially since I've never met her before! She gave me two books in spanish. They are chapter books but easy enough that I'm able to read them now which will probably help me pick up some vocabulary and see how verbs are conjugated in different tenses. One is called "El misterio de la cripta embrujada" or "The Mystery of the Haunted Crypt" and the other is called "Sabor a Chocolate" or "Flavor of Chocolate". They are both about 200 pages. I'm excited to read them and I hope they will help me learn the language better. It was a very nice, relaxed day and fun was had by all!

Until next time, Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment