Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My 18th Birthday!

Hello Everyone,

Today is my 18th birthday and it has been great so far! This morning I woke up and there was a "Feliz Cumpleanos" banner hanging over my door. I also got countless phone calls and messages from family, friends, members of the Spanish Rotary , and other exchange students. I had a special paella lunch with my host family. My host family sang "Happy Birthday" in spanish, then we had birthday cake and I opened the wonderful gifts that they gave me. My host family gave me a really nice hard cover book of Spain that is in english and spanish. It tells the history and shows all of the important places in Spain. They also gave me a shirt that says "Zaragoza" and has pictures on it, a key chain for my house keys, two patches for my Rotary blazer. One patch is the Spanish flag and the other is a patch that says "Zaragoza" and has images of the Basilica de El Pilar. Last, but not least, I also received these two ribbons that are very special here. Almost everybody has them and they usually wear one as a bracelet and keep the other either on their backpacks or in their cars on the rear-view mirror. They are ribbons of the Virgin Mary of Pilar. This was very special. Tonight we are going into the city to walk around, shop, we might go to see a movie, then to a restaurant for my birthday! I'm really looking forward to it! I will be sure to write about it and post pictures!








My host sister Ana and I

Until next time, Brian

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful celebration! How awesome that they made it so special for you, when you are so far from home :) Glad to hear you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tracey! It really was a special day! That evening was really nice. We all dressed up and went to a nice italian restaurant in the city. It was a great night!

    ReplyDelete