Sunday, May 20, 2012

"La Jota" Performance

Hello Everyone,

As some of you may already know because of my previous blog posts, I go to "La Jota" dance classes twice a week since January. La Jota is the historically traditional dance from Zaragoza and our region of Aragon. Although it may not appear so, at times it's difficult because it requires very strong legs, coordination, and balance. I really enjoy the classes because they are with a great group of fun people and my teacher Isabelle is very sweet.

On March 17th (Happy St. Patrick's Day!), we had a performance at a communtiy center in the city. The entire dance school, "La Fiera", performed including children from three years old all the way to people that have been doing it for more than forty years! Many different Jotas were danced but I was only able to perform two because I had only been taking classes for two months. I had such a great time! We all wore the traditional dress and did our best!

Until next time, Brian

Photo Credit: My host family






Isabelle and I


My dance partner Cristina and I


My host family and I after the show
 

No comments:

Post a Comment