Monday, May 28, 2012

Italy

Hello Everyone,

From March 28th through April 8th, I went on a school trip to Italy. Since I was returning from my trip to England and Scotland the same day, I went directly from the Barcelona Airport to the Port of Barcelona to board the ship to Italy.  After I parted way with those from the England trip, I met up with my friend Enric in Barcelona for a little while before meeting up with the other group from my school at the port.

We boarded the cruise ship at about 8 pm and it departed at 10 pm. During the twelve days, we visited Rome, Siena, Florence, Venice, Pisa, Verona, Milan, and Genova. Some of the highlights of the trip were going to Palm Sunday mass at the Vatican with the pope, climbing to the top of the Vatican, the Treve Fountain, the Colosseum, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, gondola ride in Venice, and seeing Julet's (Romeo and Juliet) house. I also really enjoyed taking the ship to and from Italy. I had never been on a cruise before. It was really fun to hang out outside on the decks looking out on the ocean and there was also a night club for dancing. Although, on the return trip there were really rough seas due to a big storm.

Italy was one of the most beautiful places I've seen in my life. My favorite city was Venice because there is no other city like it in the world. It seems like it's built right on water! I also really liked the Tuscan region of Siena and Florence. There were such beautiful landscapes. I'm glad that I was able to spend more time with the people from my school and get to know them better. I took a TON of pictures! Enjoy!

Until next time, Brian






















































































No comments:

Post a Comment