Thursday, May 10, 2012

Volunteer Retreat in Guadalajara

Hello Everyone,

On the weekend of February 24rd - 26th, I went with my volunteer group to a retreat in Guadalajara, a smaller city close to Madrid. We took a large passenger van to Guadalajara with Fernando, the volunteer group leader who is also a teacher at my school. We arrived at around 8 p.m., met another volunteer group from Cadiz in Andalucia that came to do the retreat with us, and had dinner. After dinner we all hung out and talked and then went to bed. Saturday before lunch we had discussion sessions and group games. After lunch, we went into the city center of Guadalajara to see the sights and walk around a bit. When we returned, we had dinner, and had a camp fire-like program with songs, jokes, and skits. I sang 'Sweet Home Alabama' with a girl from my school. After the program finished we all went to bed. Sunday morning after breakfast we walked around the area where we were staying until lunch. After lunch, we all got together one more time to talk for a few minutes, packed up, and headed back to Zaragoza. It was a weekend with great weather and I enjoyed spending some more time getting to know people from my school.

Until next time, Brian





No comments:

Post a Comment