Saturday, May 5, 2012

Rock Climbing with Scouts

Hello Everyone,

On February 11th I went rock climbing with my scout group. We left Zaragoza in the scout van bright and early. After at about an hour drive, we arrived at the climbing spot. It was a well known and commly used spot in a nature preserve area. One of the scout leaders, Guillermo climbs profesionally so he had all the necessary equipment for us to use. After he set up the ropes and such, we began to climb. Guillermo and I belayed for the others. I'm familiar with the equipment and techniques from going to and working at Camp Read, my scout camp in the Adirondack Mountains in upstate New York. After we all tired out, we sat down and had a pot-luck picnic lunch. Everyone brought a dish to share. I brought drinks and a box of American candy my sister Amanda sent me (Yum! Haha). After we finished eating, we cleaned up, loaded up the van, and headed back to Zaragoza. I was really excited to go climbing because I hadn't done so in so long. It was a really fun day with great weather!

Until next time, Brian























No comments:

Post a Comment