Sunday, May 6, 2012

FIMA Farm Expo

Hello Everyone,

On February 18th, after doing the Roman Route with Maggie and Joe, I went to the FIMA Farm Expo. Joe's host dad is the director of agriculture in our region of Aragon and he gave me a free ticket to get in and I thought, 'Well, why not?' I hopped on the bus, to the expo which was a little bit outside of the city's center. It was about a 20 minute bus ride. When I arrived I was shocked at how many people were there! It was absolutely mobbed! When I finally made it inside, it reminded me of the New York International Auto Show that I normally go to every year with my dad in the US, but it was farm equipment. It was fun to climb in and out of all the tractors and to see all the new farming technology. Farming is a lot more technologically advanced than I thought. Spain has a very large agricultural industry, much more than I would have ever thought before arriving here. I spent about 2 hours at the expo then I hopped back on the bus back to the city center. I had a very busy day!

Until next time, Brian










No comments:

Post a Comment