Sunday, May 6, 2012

Carmel High School Visit in Madrid

Hello Everyone,

On February 21st, I went to Madrid for the day with Enric and his girlfriend Anna to meet up with students from Carmel High School, my high school in the US. They came to Spain on a school trip during their February break. I knew all of the students except for two of them. They were accompanied by Mr. Lobe, a Spanish teacher at CHS and Mrs. Andalia, the mother of Alex who is a student at Carmel. I know them both very well because Alex and I are in the same scout troop. Another student on the trip, Joseph, is also in my scout troop in NY. Enric went because he studied abroad at CHS two years ago (that's how we met) and he wanted to see Christina who was his host sister in the US, who is also a friend of mine, as well as the other students. Enric, Anna, and I took the AVE high speed train to Madrid. Anna and Enric got on in Barcelona where they live. I got on and we met up when the train stopped in Zaragoza which is halfway between Barcelona and Madrid. We met up with those from Carmel High School at the Museum del Prado in Madrid. We visited the museum, walked around, ate lunch, and went to the park with the students before gettin back on the train to Zaragoza and Barcelona. It was a wonderful day with great weather. I was overjoyed to see Enric, Anna, and my friends from CHS because I hadn't seen familiar faces in so long!

Until next time, Brian

Christina and I

Mrs. Andalia and I

Christina, Enric, Anna, and I





Joseph, Alex, and I






No comments:

Post a Comment