Friday, September 2, 2011

Differences

Hello Everyone,

I want to share with you some difference between the United States and Spain. I noticed that your home and home life is much more private than in the United States. The cars here are much smaller and they don't really have trucks or SUVs. The gas here is equal to about $9 a gallon in the United States, so we should stop complaining about gas hahaha. People wear their wedding rings on their right hands. Milk and orange juice are stored in the cabinet and don't need to be refrigerated unless opened. It is very rare to find an automatic car here. The speed limits are higher here. Everything is the day is much later here. For example; lunch is at about 3 pm and dinner is at about 10 pm and we go out at around 9:30 or 10 pm and come home at about 2 a.m. This is typical here. When you greet people, you give kisses on both cheeks, even if its the first time you meet them. They don't have a lot of flavored drinks. For example; there is no flavored iced teas like Snapple and I've only seen Coke, Coke Light, and Orange Fanta for soda. But, my host mom knows I like flavored iced tea so she special ordered it for me which was very sweet of her. Also, here windows don't slide up and down or left to right to open. If you turn the handle one way, they swing open like a door and if you turn the handle a different way, they tilt inwards. Also, every building has these things that are like shutters but slide up and down to cover the windows on the outside. I think thats it for now. If I find more differences, I will be sure to let you know!

Until next time, Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment