Friday, September 2, 2011

The Journey

Hello Everyone,

So, even though hurricane Irene delayed my departure, I've arrived! I departed Westchester County Airport on July 29th at about 10 am and arrived at the Chicago-O'Hare International Airport at about 11 am Chicago time. The flight was about 2 hours and the plane was SO small! It only fit about 35 people or so. I then had a 5 1/2 hour layover. During that time, I took a tour of the airport, called my parents, took a nap, ate at the Wolfgang Puck restaurant, and people watched. My plane and flight from Chicago to Madrid, Spain was HUGE! The plane was massive and there were 400+ people on my flight. It was also a full flight, every seat was filled. I met 4 students from a college who were going to Madrid for the year and a girl who was sitting next to me who was going home to Israel who was very nice. There was also a group of about 30 people from Italy on their way home from the US and a women who had a toddler on her lap who did not stop crying and a screaming for the entire 9 +/- hour flight. Thank god for ear phones and ear plugs! We had dinner and breakfast as well as a midnight snack on the flight. We landed at around 7:30 am local time (1:30 am New York time) at the Madrid International Airport. The Madrid Airport is massive but it was very exciting!

 

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment