Saturday, August 6, 2011

My Spanish Family

Hello Everyone,

I met my Spanish host family on July 8th. In the picture, from left to right is my host mother Marta, my host sister Ana (14), myself, and my host brother Inigo (16). Not pictured is my host father Jose Miguel. While I'm in Spain, Inigo will be in the U.S. in Michigan. They came to New York on vacation this summer so I was able to meet them. This was great because most exchange students don't meet their host family until they get picked up at the airport in the country. They are very wonderful kind and caring people. Marta is a spanish teacher at the school I will be attending. Ana and Inigo also attend that school. Jose Miguel is an anesthesiologist. They live in the city of Zaragoza, Spain. It is about an hour from both Barcelona and Madrid by train. They also have a vacation home in the Pyrenes Mountains near the border of France.  I have been communicating with them for a few months now by email. I could not have asked for a better host family.

Until next time, Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment