Thursday, August 25, 2011

Farewell Luncheon

Hello Everyone,

Today I went to Carmel Rotary's weekly meeting/luncheon. This was the last meeting before I leave for Spain on Sunday (Oh my gosh! 3 Days!!!). It was great to see all of the Rotary Club members, they are always so warm and welcoming. They really are a great bunch of people. I also very blessed that they were so kind to sponsor me and my year abroad. At the meeting today, the returning outbound exchange student, Valentina spoke about her experiences in Switzerland this past year. I was also lucky enough to meet the inbound exchange student who arrived yesterday. His name is Tizian and coincidentally is from Switzerland. Valentina was able to help him understand what people were saying because he does not know that much english yet. They are both very nice. I went to school with Valentina for many years and I wish Tizian the best of luck in the United States this year. Thsi was a very special day to say my farewell to the members of the Carmel Rotary Club and to Valentina and Tizian.

From left to right: Myself, Tizian, and Valentina


Valentina, Tizian, and I with the Club President Connie

Until next time, Brian 

No comments:

Post a Comment