Saturday, June 2, 2012

Makin' S'mores

Hello Everyone,

While talking with my host family a while ago, I found out that they don't have s'mores here! A lot of people here only know them from seeing them in American movies. They don't have them here because marshmallows and graham crackers aren't sold in Spain!

While talking with my mom on Skype, I told her about it and then about a week later a box arrived for me. I opened it and inside was a box of graham crackers, two bags of marshmallows, and Hershey's chocolate bars. Thanks mom!

On April 14th, I taught my host family; Jose, Marta, and Ana how to make s'mores using the supplies that my mom sent. My host dad Jose made a fire in the fireplace and we went to work! It was very fun (and delicious) to share something from the US with my host family!

Until next time, Brian














No comments:

Post a Comment