Sunday, March 11, 2012

Scout Bike Trip & Monument Dedication Ceremony

Hello Everyone, 

On January 14th I went on a bike trip with my scout group. There is a great bike path that goes around the entire city of Zaragoza. It encircles the city and also passes many of the great sights including the ‘Cathedral del Pilar’, the great canal, the sight of the 2008 world expo, and the bridges over the ‘Rio Ebro.’ We set out at about 10 am and finished around 3 pm. Along the way, we stopped at a new scout monument in one of the city parks. The monument is to celebrate scouting’s 100th year anniversary. We stopped at the monument to have a snack and take a few pictures. Aside from the snack stop, I don’t have any pictures because I was riding my bike and there was bad weather with a lot of fog.

The following weekend, the 21st of January, we rode our bikes to the new scout monument again for the dedication ceremony. The ceremony not only included our scout group, but all of the scouts in our council, Scouts de Aragon. During the ceremony, the scouting directors spoke and then the scouts planted flowers around the monument.

I really enjoyed the bike trip because it tours the city and you can see many of the great tourist sights. I would like to and plan on doing the same trip in the spring with nicer weather. I also enjoyed the monument dedication ceremony because I was able to see and meet more scouts from our council.

Until next time, Brian










No comments:

Post a Comment