Monday, March 19, 2012

Real Zaragoza Soccer Game

Hello Everyone,

On January 14th, after the bike trip with my scout troop I went to a Real Zaragoza soccer match. I was invited by a boy named Gonzalo that I’ve become friends with.  Gonzalo is a friend of Maggie, one of the other Rotary exchange students in Zaragoza. She introduced us in December and we have hung out a few times since then. We met up in front of my school and walked to Romareda, the stadium where Real Zaragoza plays. It was nuts when we arrived! Many people here are upset with the president of the team so before the game, there were people outside of the stadium protesting. When the doors opened, we went inside and found our seats which were very close to the field right behind Zaragoza’s goal.

The game was very exciting! Gonzalo and I were of course cheering for Zaragoza. At minute thirty-two, all of the fans starting blowing whistles and horns, ringing bells, and screaming and yelling to protest the president of the team. After the first half, Gonzalo and I changed our seats and went up to where the fans of the opposing team, Getafe, were sitting. We went there because there were empty seats with much better views of the entire field. I thought it was very funny because every time that one of the teams scored Gonzalo and I had the complete opposite reaction than the Getafe fans. In the end, it was a tie. Before leaving, Gonzalo and I took a picture with a banner with some Getafe fans even though we were cheering for Zaragoza.

Overall, I had a really nice time. It was really exciting! I wanted to go to a soccer game since I arrived in Spain and I finally did. I am also glad because Gonzalo and I got to know each other better. I hope you all enjoy the pictures!   

Until next time, Brian










No comments:

Post a Comment